For the past several years, we’ve had countless people ask us if we have ever considered invitro fertilization or IVF. We’ve always said “Not right now. We aren’t there yet.” I always thought we’d never be there. But after 6 rounds of Clomid with timed intercourse and 3 rounds of Femera with two IUIs, we are here.
We are at a point where we either decide to let this dream go or try this one last thing.
My main concerns are:
- Shots-I will have to give myself or be given many, many shots with lots of medication.
- Failure-I cannot imagine the pain and disappointed if it doesn’t work.
- Money-This process could cost $8,000-$12,000. That’s a lot of money if it does work and I imagine it will seem like even more if it doesn’t work.
I scheduled our appointment today. Facebook reminded me that one year ago today I came out of the infertility closet. That makes today feel very significant to me. I have been really down on myself about feeling like I haven’t done enough. This past year has been a very painful one but also a really amazing one.
In ONE year:
- I’ve started a blog and written 25 blogs!
- I’ve started a support group!
- I’ve done new treatments!
I am proud. Our story and our pain is being used to help others through theirs while helping us as well. I am grateful and we are beyond blessed.
We have an appointment in August for a consultation to see if this is something we are good candidates for. IVF does appear to be our last option in hopes of conceiving a baby together. If that doesn’t work or we decide not to do it, we either live childfree or adopt.
I. AM. TERRIFIED.
I will go to this appointment with an open mind. But right now, it doesn’t feel like something I can do. Please pray for guidance and peace during these next few months. We want to make wise decisions about what is best for our family and wise financial decisions. Thank you to all of you that continue to support us.